When: February 2006 and March 2007
Who: Extended family
Why: Check out the gallery and you’ll see why… this place really is “Just Paradise”. My husband proposed to me here!
Accommodation Details: Just Paradise is a beautiful two-story, 5 bedroom holiday home that sleeps 10. There are 4 bedrooms on the lower level and a large loft upstairs. The kitchen is large and functional, with all the conveniences of home. The adjoining open-plan dining and lounge area are comfortable and will easily accommodate larger groups. The view is magnificent: guests look out over the saltwater, solar-heated infinity pool to Rings Beach and beyond.
The owners live in separate quarters upstairs; however, the holiday accommodation is still completely private and you won’t even know your hosts are on the premises.
Things To Do:
- Visit Coromandel Town and it’s attractive cafes, and art and craft shops (20 minutes away)
- Visit Whitianga (20 minutes away)
- Visit Hot Water Beach, Hahei and Cathedral Cove (to the south of Kuaotunu)
- Visit Matarangi and Whangapoua (just around the corner)
- Visit Driving Creek Railway
- Go boat fishing or fish off the rocks. We found mussels in thigh-deep in water!
- Have a giant ice cream cone (known as a Kuaotunu Killer) at the Kuaotunu General Store on Blackjack Road.
Gallery: Click on a thumbnail to enlarge picture and view description.
Kuaotunu is a little off the beaten track, while still being handy enough to Whitianga and Coromandel Town. It is also an ideal starting point for exploring other parts of the Coromandel Peninsula such as Hot Water Beach, Hahei and Cathedral Cove. It’s safe, white sandy beaches are perfect for swimming, snorkelling and fishing. It truly is paradise here, which is why we’ve stayed twice and intend to stay again!